[HCDX]: Re:T2FD

>Regarding other antennas....I sure would like to hear any using homemade or
>commerical T2FD's,
>how do these antennas perform...on f.ex. the tropical bands....(which I
feel is
>my weak point)!!
>Ok....the beverage covers a lot upwards through SW....but are they optimal
>regarding the tropical bands??

In short:
If you can't put up a beverage, go for the T2FD.
It comes in as a good second, giving fine signal strengths while at the
same time being quiet. And fairly resistant to man-made noise.
But a beverage is unbeatable for reception on any shortwave band. And it's
fantastic on the tropical bands. Even if it is 600 meters long, 10
wavelengths on 60 meter.
Great info on how-to-T2FD by Guy Atkins is available here:
http://www.nordicdx.com/antenna/wire/