Re: [HCDX]: hard-core-dx

>provide instructions for assembling an indoor, active or passive
>antenna, that provides a wide frequency reception?

It's Slinky!  It's Slinky!
For fun it's a wonderful toy!
It's Slinky!  It's Slinky!
It's fun for the DXing boy!

I have a Slinky stretched across the room, feeding a section of coaxial
cable into my R8A and DX398.  I tried connecting it using just wire, but
the
noise level was tremendous.  Using coaxial cable really cut down on the
noise.  I have five Slinky toys ready for the first bit of warm weather
so I
can go out on a DXpedition.  I was also given 200 feet of 4-conductor
telephone cable, and I may find a way to add that.  Using the end-to-end
connection method, the telephone cable would give me an electrical
length of 800 feet.  The Slinky is either 60 or 80 feet of wire, so I
would
have either 300 or 400 feet of Slinky.  That would give me almost a
1000-foot antenna in a smaller space.  Maybe.   I hope.