Re: [HCDX]: Loop Antennas - Homebrew Designs!

Re: [HCDX]: Loop Antennas - Homebrew Designs!

>7 wounds  of wire #12 or #14
>square  of 75  cm  per side
>I do not remembre clearly  the distance between winds   but i ithnk is
>abt 1 inch
>300 pF capacitor between the two ends
>Coaxial cable at  this connection , length is not critical

When winding a loop, larger is better up to a point.  That point is the
amount of room you have.  A loop that has a two-foot measurement on each
size is
quite large, but works quite well.  I once had a two-foot loop designed
similar to a three-dimensional "H" box loop that could null out a local
50,000 watt
station.  The capacitor tunes the loop.  Then you have a single turn of
coaxial cable.  At one end, the braid is soldered to the center
conductor.  A twisted pair of wires is run from the coaxial cable to your
receiver.  You should probably make it so the braid/center wire goes to
receiver ground.

For shortwave?  I've never tried one, but the process should be similar.
You would obviously have fewer turns of wire (7 to 12 for medium wave),
and the capacitor should have a lower value, I think.  That's just
guessing on my part, though.  I always felt loops were for crowded
frequencies or split channels where you had to null out the interfering
stations.