[HCDX]: QSLs

Hi all

For a change I went away on holiday and the post-person
delivered a few QSLs while I was away. This has motivated
me to post details of those and other QSLs I've received
over the last few weeks:

Voz Christiana, Chile: QSL card from Chile for follow-up report
to reception of their test transmissions on 21550 kHz, 15/4/98.
Original report sent via email, with followup sent to Voz Christiana,
Casilla 490, Santiago 3, Chile. QSL has an International Office
address shown as Ryder Street, West Bromwich, England B70 0EJ

Laser Hot Hits, UK?: QSL card and a bundle of stickers & other
info for a reception report on 6220 kHz at 18:48 UTC, 19/9/1998 from
Newtonmore, Scotland, when I was on holiday last year. Report was
sent to Laser Hot Hits, Box 293, Merlin, Ontario N0P 1W0, Canada,
(included USD$1) but reply is from the UK, postmarked Nottingham.
This was an "X-Files" logging - I tuned my radio to UK shortwave for
the first time during my holiday and what did I hear? A pirate station
sending greetings to Lindsay Robinson in Invercargill, New
Zealand! My whole holiday was like that.....

Radio Blue Star, Holland: very detailed QSL letter from Henri for
reception on Boxing Day, around 06:00 UTC on 6910 kHz. Sent
diskette with RealAudio recording of reception and USD$1 to
Radio Blue Star, Postbus 1104, 8001 BC Zwolle, The Netherlands.

Radio Australia: QSL card & other promo stuff for report on
second harmonic 23390 kHz of RA Indonesian service, 27/11/1998.
Card signed by "Mr B40" if my eyes don't deceive me! (aka John
Wright), signal was due to an antenna problem at the Shepparton
site.

Argentine FMers on 15820 kHz:
1) Unsigned letter from Feeling FM 100.7
with stickers and Argentina tourist map,
for followup report for reception on 14/2/1998. Letter states (if
my limited Spanish is correct ;-)) that several Buenos Aires FM
stations are relayed on 15820 kHz for Argentine nationals working
in Antarctica and for the United Nations in Europe. This was
a great station to listen to while drinking some good Nelson
wine at a summer BBQ last year!
2) Email reply from Cadena Cien (FM100) staff for tape of
reception on Christmas Eve 1998. This station has a nice
RealAudio feed if you like pop music with a South American
flavour: http://www.ciudad.com.ar/homepage/audio/cadena100.ram
(but right at the moment that URL isn't working for me). I
quite often listen to them at work now.

WJFP: QSL card from Ray Kassis, N4LEM, Tech Director,
for "WJFP Que-Link" transmissions on 25.91 MHz, NBFM mode.
QSL says this was 60W, vetically polarized non-directional tx, 55ft
above ground - amazing how those signals can get out if
reception is good.

Radio Paru Paru, Bouganville: QSL from Sam Voron in Sydney for
very very tentative reception of unid station on 3865 kHz
heard on 24/12/1998 in native language. I couldn't get a
firm id, so I sent a tape of my reception to Sam. He says
it is Radio Paru Paru 100%. QSL says "1st SWL report received"
but this is photo-copied between Sam's hand-writing so I'm
not sure if it is really that or not.

Well, that's my QSLs for now - time to listen to the
DX tapes from the Easter break next....

Cheers

Chris

--
Chris Mackerell, P.O. Box 2241, Wellington 6015, New Zealand
Home Phone: +64 (4) 232-4216      Fax: +64 (4) 385-2752