Re: [HCDX]: What is a good report

> It was said that every report *must* contain at least
> three (3) 100%
> sure programme details which can be checked against the
> station log-book.

This, of course, assumes that the station HAS a logbook.
I've visited many of the smaller Latin American stations
and I have never seen one. (Some big city stations do have
them.) In visits to stations, I've picked up in person over
100 QSLs for myself and DX friends. I've *never* had a
station check any report against a logbook.

That's not to say the stations don't know what they air.
After all, the station personnel do listen to their own
station on a daily basis! Everyone knows what the canned
IDs sound like, what kind of music is played at what time,
what products they advertise, etc. But they don't know
specifically that the advertisement for "Almacen San Juan"
was played on May 1, 1999 at 5:44:15 a.m., local time, as I
have seen in some reporters specify.  All they know is the
ad should be played two times every morning in the 5 to 6
a.m. show. I suspect the degree of time precision in some
reception reports amuses some rural Latin American station
personnel!

> I don't understand from where this 'three' (3) is coming
> from.  My view is that every report must contain at least
> one (1) verifiable programme detail

I would agree. One good detail should be sufficient, if it
is specific enough.  In terms of many small stations in
Latin America, though, I believe the only way they would
prevent you from getting a QSL is if your details proved
you didn't hear the station... for example, you said you
heard rock music in a time that they always play folk
music.

Don Moore    mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx

===
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx