Re: [HCDX]: What is a good report

Good point JM!  I have also been wondering about those 3 "exact" details.
Maybe it was useful way back in the 50's and 60's without tape recorder.
But never mind, I think you have a better chance of receiving QSLs if you
can comment on the program as much as possible, and to be in that position
you need a lot of program details to start from. I find it more easy today
to gather exact and fine program details, because many stations broadcast
network program, but at certain times they have local breaks with lots of
good stuff to put in a report.
-- On the other hand, many DX-ers are complaining about the quality of
OTHER DXer's reports. I think this is a little bit strange and unnecessary.
Seldom do QSL-letters state how bad or how fine a report was. So if you
want to tell your friends about your findings then you must add something
else; i.e. logs of stations you hear, recordings of their IDs, copy of your
reception reports (this is by the way a lot more valuable document telling
about your improved skills as a DXer over the years than a QSL ever can
be), -- besides QSL collections.

73s
Per-ole Stenman, Jakobstad, Finland