Re: [HCDX]: UNID Radio Disney

Radio Disney, Well Bill, last february 28.2.99 I spent 3 hours of listening
to KDDZ-1690 and KADZ-1550, both by the way were illegally broadcasting
with their daytime power of 10 kW and heard as lighthouses --- but only IDs
and TOH-IDs was either "AM 15-50 Radio Disney" (mostly) or "AM 16-90 Radio
Disney" (quite seldom). In this case it was easier to recognize the 1550
-signal since I used 2 radios for the 2 channels.

Regular IDs with call signs seem to be very rare. Now they have even
dropped the call signs on their internet web page. And even worse is that
they like to buy new stations on channels where they already have 1-3
stations, like 1260, 1290, 1580 etc. -- I think it is by purpose they IDing
as "AM -dial, Radio Disney" maybe they think children of today don't have
the capability of remembering some station calls...

Radio Disney by the way is also heard on internet but without any local
inserts.
73s Per-Ole STenman