Re: [HCDX]: Bhutan Broadcasting Service QSL

At 18.37 17.6.1999 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Back in 1993 I received the Bhutan Broadcasting Service on 5030 kHz. The
>report and IRCs I sent to them never generated a QSL. Did anybody receive a
>QSL from them between 1993 and now? Does anybody know if it's worth the
>money to send a follow-up report or maybe a tape recording?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help. It's much appreciated.
>
>Best regards and good DX,
>
>Michael de Jong
>The Netherlands

In 1991 I visited Bhutan with my wife for a week and picked a QSL from the
station. They said that they don't send any QSL that it will not come too
usual! That was a joke but if I know, it has been true. Therefore I think
that it's not worth of the money. However, you cannot receive QSL if you're
not sending report. The best way is to listen to UN Radio programmes via BBS
and sent the report to UN Radio.

I think that in the near future they will have e-mail address. However, the
bhutanese people are very lazy. My friend Pertti Hyvonen knows that, because
he lived and worked two years in Bhutan.

But don´t stop trying!
73' EJH

-----
# Esa Hanninen			# Kuunsade 2C4