Re: [HCDX]: Radio San Miguel

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Aart Rouw wrote:

> Richard,
> I do not know how conditions are "down under", but normally R. san Miguel
> was considered one of the easiest Bolivians on 60m in Central & W. Europe.
> However, it has been quite some time since I got a readable signal from
> them.

Hi Aart

>From here Peru is by far the easiest country to get from South America,
apart from of course things like HCJB. There are regular stations from
Brazil, Colombia and Bolivia that come through but Peru generally provides
the most variety.

This is the first time I have logged San Miguel, though of course I may
have tuned past it a few times before. A lot of South American stations
seem to have a quiet period, probably their local midnight - dawn, that
corresponds with the best period for hearing them here, around 07-09 UTC.
It did appear to have somewhat low modulation though.

I've caught a few new ones from South America in the last week, so I am
reasonably happy.

73s

Richard