Re: [HCDX]: Vatican Radio on 527 kHz

This is just a guess, since I live several thousand miles from the station.  If
they're only using USB+carrier on 527, it may be to avoid interfering with
maritime services on or around 500 kHz.  500 kHz until recently was used by
ships in distress to send S-O-S, and some coastal stations operate (operated?)
between 510 and 526 for more routine cw traffic.