Re: [HCDX]: Beverage Antennas

re your question  "Does anyone know if the only reason to
terminate a beverage is to kill the signal off the other end?"

seems as if a secondary reason is to bleed off the high voltage that would build up on
a long, long wire.

re: I have one running to the North and to the South is pretty
much ocean. California is more SSE.

I would think having your being uni directional and rejecting the south would go a long
ways in reducing the static crashes which seem to be more prevalent in the south than the
north, hence better signal to noise for all those pesky Alaskans you keep logging !

my 2 cents (or is it a nickel, beverage container/deposit)

73s,
Jerry

owner-hard-core-dx <owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 10/12/99 11:51:17 PM
Please respond to hard-core-dx <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> @ SMTP