Re: [HCDX]: Beverage Antennas

Hi Patrick!

The main reason for terminating a beverage antenna,is to reduce the signal
from the receiver end,which isn't always easy,but one way or another,the
lobes from this end will be reduced...at the same time the front lobe(s) will
be narrowed,and you will get a "peaking" lobe(s) towards the area you have
erected the antenna.

But theory and practice doesn't always follow each other,ground conditions
can vary from day to day,season to season...which can be related with
height,and the thickness of the wire.

But my 2 golden rules are:
1.
The thicker wire is the better...and if you want to listen to a
area/continent,terminate the far end...but try with different
values....470-560 ohms will fit fine,under most conditions.

2.
A good grounding base,both at the far end,and at the balun/transformer
connection,
with these 2 things fulfilled,you have a real good start for further
expertiments!

73's

Alf Aardal