Re: [HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-55

At 11/18/1999 03:54 PM , Glenn Hauser wrote:
GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-55, Nov 18, 1999

** GREECE [non]. As far as the IBB relays at 1800 UTC are concerned, the ERT5 schedule does not indicate sites. One thing I noticed the last two days is that 17565 kHz is almost inaudible here at work, while 17705 kHz reception has improved. I am suspecting that 17565 kHz switched to GA and 17705 to DL. Prior to this 17565 kHz was booming in, while 17705 kHz was weak. All this is just speculation on my part (Chris Rigas, IL, Nov 18)

It is fun watching the speculation, but 17565 is GR, 17705 is DL.
(Dan Ferguson, IBB, Nov 17)

Actually 17565 is nowhere at the moment. It was missing whenever I
checked on Nov 17, and is still missing as of 2033 UT on Nov 18.
Strangely enough, at 1830 we did hear a very weak spur from the very
strong 17705 around 17560.9, and synchronized with it (no, it's not
my modem). On Nov 18 we first checked the frequencies at 1751 when
17565 had weak VOA Creole, and 17705 an extremely strong open
carrier. At 1805 recheck, nothing on 17565, and VOG in English on
17705. I agree with Chris that 17705 now ``sounds like'' Delano based
on strength, as the first hop is coming right down upon me, whilst
Greenville reception is off the side, tho still quite potent here.
However, I have no way of measuring absolute signal strength or
direction-finding. I checked throughout the 13, 16 and 19 meterbands
for a new VOG parallel, especially 15485 which was used last winter,
but nothing.

If and when 17565 comes back it will be interesting to check whether
it now leads audio from 17705 or vice versa. I am positive that
17565 was a satellite hop behind 17705, from several checks with two
receivers and two ears, and no one has disputed that. But if this
does not confirm that 17565 was DL and 17705 GR, there must be some
other explanation for the disparity, which I still am waiting to
hear. Dan may truthfully say on Nov 17 that 17565 *is* GR and 17705
*is* DL but it depends on what the meaning of *is* is. Will he
confirm or deny that in the first two weeks of November, until we
brought it to their attention, 17705 was GR and 17565 was DL?

Is, was, is no more, but some day shall be.

17565 started the B99 schedule from Greenville, beamed south. The transmitter that carried it is broken & will be out of service for a while. Thus, its disappearance. Now, to make those happy who think it should be at Delano, it will be, starting 11/21. Barring other changes, when the Greenville transmitter returns to service, then 17565 will return to Greenvile.

********************************************************* Dan Ferguson K4VOA Northern Virginia df@xxxxxxxxxx

GOOD HOME PROVIDED FOR WAYWARD HEATHKIT EQUIPMENT

Wanted:
HEATHKIT SB-110A Transceiver - state condition & price

National NC-190 Receiver - state condition & price