[HCDX]: 21735kHz

Hi all,

I have a mystery which our Asian colleagues may be well placed to solve.

I have been surveying the 13mb recently and am hearing a station under Abu
Dhabi on 21735 around 0200 past 0300. The station is in Chinese and my best
guess is that KSDA has QSY'd here from 21770 (sked in CC 0200-0400) as the
latter has been untraced of late.

A query to AWR said they were still on 21770...

I would appreciate someone closer to the action checking this out.

There is another possibility, that is the Chinese station is the third
harmonic of 7245kHz though use of that freq in Chinese at that hour seems
unlikely for anything but a regional broadcast as skywave would be very
poor.

Any ides?

73s Paul

*****
Paul Ormandy, 33 Greta Street, Oamaru, New Zealand, paul@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join me for the "South Pacific DX Report" on Radio New Zealand
International, HCJB, AWR, and NZ's Radio Reading Service - ZLXA. Full
details available from the South Pacific DX Resource web-site:

 http://radiodx.com/spdxr

Or you can listen to RNZI's "Mailbox" here:

http://www.audionet.co.nz/ranz.html