Re: [HCDX]: Countries list

In a message dated 11/21/1999 9:48:29 AM Central Standard Time,
swiss.dx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I will to thank: Ralph Brandi, Willi Passmann, Salvo Micciché, Pentti
 Lintujarvi, Klaus-Dieter Scholz, Guido Schottmans for the reply about
 the "countries list", now I have this situation:

 NASWA list
 EDXC list
 DXCC list
 DXA list
 Dieter Scholz list
 MondoRadio list

 !!! it is difficult to know which it is the better list !!! what's you
 thought ?

 Best regards from:
 Daniele Canonica
 Switzerland
 Swiss.DX@xxxxxxxxxxx >>

The "DXCC List" of course has absolutely nothing to do with shortwave
broadcasting and by definition is determined by what its amateur radio
sponsor now calls "entities."   These "entities" are not necessarily
"countries" in the generally accepted political sense and can be nothing more
than some geographically isolated rock in the sea only large enough to hold a
transceiver and operator above water at high tide.

For further information on DXCC, browse

        http://www.arrl.org/

73 de Bill Smith (W5USM, NASWA, etc)