SV: [HCDX]: Coup d'etat in Ecuador 2

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Från: Moises Corilloclla <corilloclla@xxxxxxxxx>
Till: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Skickat: den 22 januari 2000 02:56
Ämne: [HCDX]: Coup d'etat in Ecuador 2

> I tried to catch other radio stations besides HCJB.
> Even tho the confusing information about who is
> actually seizing power in Ecuador (especially in
> Quito), it seems that Voz de Los Andes doesn't give a
> penny, and rather broadcast their usual religious
> programming. In 15120 at 01.10, i've heard religious
> music, with no comments at all about Mahuad and the
> coup. The only news bulletin i heard was at 22 UT,
> with brief comments about the president's flee from
> the Carondelet Palace.
> At 22.50 i found Radio Quito on 4850 approx. (sorry, i
> do not have a digital receiver). It had a useless
> signal, SIO 243, and it was kinda hard to understand
> their words. I just heard a speech from one of the
> rebel colonels (i think he's Lucio Gutierrez), in the
> native-taken Congress. I could identify him since i
> had the Ecuavisa channel coverage.
> At 00.30 the signal improved a lot. SINPO 34333. A
> male announcer with latest information and rumours
> about Mahuad (the usual thing in a coup d'etat). It's
> been said that he asked for assylum in Peru, but
> Ecuavisa has denied such info. Others said that he'd
> go to Chile. Nothing confirmed, just that Radio Quito
> is covering live from the Independence Square, waiting
> for a Junta speech.
> As for other stations, i could not catch anything
> besides Radio Quito. Any recommendations?
>
> Greetings from Lima.
>
> Moises Corilloclla

There is probably little to find on shortwave, besides
Radio Quito. Personally, I would recommend
CRE on the web
http://www.cre.com.ec/cre.htm
At this moment they are in a live transmission
of the parliamentary proceedings which now
are taking place in the town of Guayaquil
(where CRE is located).
Also, I would suggest DXers to tune to
Caracol Colombia, on sw  5076 kHz (if active),
or on the web. RCN, which is also on the web,
has two daily hookups with Radio Quito (in
the Cadena Solar network) and both Colombian
networks are quite commendable for their
Latin American news coverage.

To take one example, Caracol was minutes ahead
of BBC during the
American overthrow of the Noriega government
(in Panama) on Dec 20, 1989.  I sent a fax congratulating
them on their continuous coverage of events all through
the night (local morning in Europe).  Although I never
received any reply at the time, this fax helped
open several doors when I reported for
Radio World Magazine years later.  Caracol
President well remembered this encouraging
message, he said.

Henrik Klemetz