[HCDX]: Cooledit2000 tips&tricks wanted!

[HCDX]: Cooledit2000 tips&tricks wanted!

Hello to all of you,
Two weeks ago Guido Schotmans asked for tips to improve the audioquality of DX-catches.
There were reactions though, but no-one really had the golden tip.
Max van Arnhem and myself are quite busy with Cooledit 2000.
We checked the website of Hans van den Boogert in Taiwan and we played with our cooledit, read our literature. Still it is difficult to improve the readibility of a DX-signal you put on Cooledit.
Is there anyone out there who can give us some tips & tricks how to improve the audio of DX-catches with Cooledit2000?? Sometimes (esp. with weak MW-signals) a slight improvement only can make the difference between an ID or not! It really could be of great use for us Hard Core DX' ers. We all know: you listen to this tape again and again for this ID. You know it's there somewhere in the noise, but you partial hear it or you hear no ID at all, an UNID forever?? If -with programmes like cooledit- you could improve the audioquality of your DX-signal...an improvement of 5% might mean one UNID less .

You can add noise with cooledit, but can you also remove noise?? I have tried some settings on cooledit with: transform>amplitude>envelope>presets but no real successes to mention here!!
Our question: Is there anyone out there in the Hard Core DX-World who has some tips & tricks for us how to improve the audioquality of our DX-catches with Cooledit2000??? General tips & tricks on Cooledit in relation to DX-recordings are also welcome!!!
You can mail me direct or mail Max van Arnhem at mvarnhem@xxxxxx

Thanks in advance!!!
Julius Hermans