Re: [HCDX]: Aerial switching

In a message dated 4/3/00 3:38:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jary@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Help!
>
>  I need a way of keeping my aerials and receivers under control.
>
>  I've got two outside aerials with coax feeds and one longwire at the
>  moment, this changes occasionally.
>
>  I've got 4 receivers, all with coax inputs but some with high impedance
>  inputs as well.
>
>  Has anyone got a good idea for switching aerials to receivers without
>  reaching over the top of the setup all the time and changing things
>  around manually?

I have about a dozen receivers in my "active" status. Half are fixed freq
units which monitor Coast Guard Search and Rescue channels, international
aircraft routes, etc.These are usually crystal controlled to the channel. All
are HF.

Then I have four receivers for tuning around (LW to HF).

My solution has been to have one really good active antenna outdoors (RF
Systems DX-1) and feed the antenna signal to a multicoupler which isolates
the outputs from each other and gives each radio a broadband signal identical
to the input.

This extra stage can be turned off in bad weather, and the antenna input can
be disconected if lightning comes close.

Of course this only covers LW to HF. But it has stopped the type of cable
swapping you talk about.