[HCDX]: Vietnamese regionals

Thanks to an earlier message referencing the Vietnamese regionals, map and all, I did a thorough search today [3 April 2000]. If even a very weak signal were there I would have at least seen it on the Singer Spectrum Analyzer. Zip - nothing, except a quite listenable signal from Hanoi on 5925.000 KHz. The signal drifted very slightly and briefly to 5924.998 KHz. The signal was measured at -92 dBm, SINPO 34343. I recorded it and verified its presence at:

1100Z, 1110Z, 1112Z, 1136Z

It's still hanging in there nicely at 1222Z. Various programming with male and female announcers in Vietnamese, children singing and at 1100Z time pips, ID and presumably NA. Around 1100Z, I thought I could almost hear the parallel transmission on 7210 KHz but maybe not since there was strong QRM [now male opera singer in Russian(?)] at 1224Z as I type. I presume this is Khabarovsk Radio.

Thomas B. Roach
Somewhere in the Sierra foothills
PGP key upon request
Listening with Watkins-Johnson HF-1000