FW: [HCDX]: PNG 4890

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Thomas B. Roach [mailto:sigint@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Thursday, April 06, 2000 05:10 AM
To:	Don
Subject:	RE: [HCDX]: PNG 4890

Don:

I'm listening to a strong Indonesian on 3324.999 now [1155Z 6 April]
There is a second much weaker station that I can hear [male in
monologue] that MIGHT be PNG.  Can hear 4890 but barely due to QRM from
some "digital" signal.

How do you like the Cubic? Are you using a Beverage? If so, how long. I
can't believe how much better things got when I started using the Alpha
Delta SWL-DX Sloper.

I use the o'scope. I first put the receiver in CW mode [+750 Hz, not
that it matters] then tune in WWV. I free run the o'scope [after it's
been on a couple of days!!] and when the sine wave [make that two humps
of the sine wave]is stopped, you're on. Best to be VERY careful as you
can get indications you are on frequency when you are not. This is
easily remedied by using the HF-1000 56 Hz filter. I try to be
absolutely sure, especially if I am going to post to HCDX. A little egg
on the face goes a LONG way.

Yes, I saw the WJ on eBay. I watch eBay for Cubics, Harris, Rubidium
standards, and HF-1000s. I have a friend with Cubics, RACALs and Harris
receivers. That's probably why he sold me back my HF-1000. He does NOT
have a good antenna up and has a lot of RFI. Soon he will move to a
better, noise free I hope, QTH.

Thomas B. Roach
Somewhere in the Sierra mountain's foothills
PGP key upon request