RE: [HCDX]: Why QSL? (was: Re: addresses)

RE: [HCDX]: Why QSL? (was: Re: addresses)

Hi,

> Don't make me laugh Martin, Is embassy help on very hard to QSL stations
> unacceptable behaviour!

Again: I think it is unacceptable to threaten stations with diplomatic
trouble! It is a kind of blackmailing!

> It can give also further positive results maybe, because stations realise
> how important QSL's can be for DX'ers!

Come on! What is so important in a QSL, that you even start these things? I
got all of my QSLs without dirty tricks, and that's from 200 EDXC countries
by now. A collection I'm proud of, but this QSL-hunting does not justify
everything. Of course, there are stations I never got verified. And alas
they are becoming more and more. Yes, I'd like to have R. Corporacion 1380
in my collection too, same as Bahamas 1540, KQXX 1700 or or or..

> People of the embassy don't contact stations with a knife on
> their throats,
> this is going on a very diplomative way Martin!

Yes, and exactly that's why I think your behaviour is unfair: Using third
parties to "threaten" people, that their not-answering to your letter could
cause diplomatic problems. Unfair to the stations and unfair to other
hobby-colleagues.

For example R. Corporacion in Chile: Maybe you could increase your chances
for a QSL, if you would take the trouble to write their station's name
correctly? Ever thought of such details? Speaking of details:

>>Detalles de la programacion: Ustedes anunciaron el nombre de la emisora a
>las
>>2130 horas con las siguientes palabras "DESDE SANTIAGO CAPITAL DE
>>CHILE,TRANSMITE RADIO COPERACION...........

With "details" as you gave them in your report I wouldn't verify your report
either! Not with and not without an embassy.

73
Martin