Re: [HCDX]: UNID Middle East 1205.68 kHz

At 09:08 03.05.00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi -
>
>an interesting station heard by me this morning:
>
>3 MAY 2000  -  1205.68 kHz  -  0158-0310 (fade out) UTC
>
>The station has been already reported here, believed to be the Voice of the
>People of Kurdistan (PUK).
>In what I heard, no Kurdistan has been mentioned, which does not correspond
>with what we are used to hear by several clandestine stations, where every
>5th word is "Kurdistan".
>
>What I heard (tune-in 0158 UTC):
>0158  Song (male choir)
>0200  Very short instrumental "IS", followed by a man in Farsi (or in a very
>similar language - not Arabic). The man started with something like:
>"Shupaneni raouzbe jum´hourii....". 3 minutes long news.
>0203  Instrumental music (like isoterric music)
>0215  The man again. I think he mentioned Radio Pakistan, then "jum´hourii
>... Pakistan...", music
>0230  Another talk what could be news again

Hi Karel,

these details are corresponding to my report on March 12 ´Unid 1206 kHz´.

On a DX-Camp in Bavaria on April 13 we were watching this frequency from
about 2030 h and heard the Voice of the People of Kurdistan on the eastern
beverage closing down at 2112 h (parallel to 4060 kHz).

Half an hour later we heard an Arabic speaking station, best on the south
western beverage, and Thomas Adam found a parallel on 15345; so this was
definitely RTV Marocaine. This is also in  accordance with the observations
of Jorma Mantyla´s Report from Fuerteventura on May 1st and would explain
the unknown language you and I heard. So probably RTM is broadcasting
Network C in Berber and Arabic on this frequency.

73

Wolfgang

PS:
Your ´UNID Arabic station on 846 kHz´ might have been Teheran in Farsi,
listed by ILG on this frequency with 2 kW. Thomas Adam heard this on the
DX-Camp.