Re: [HCDX]: UNID Middle East 1205.68 kHz

Re: [HCDX]: UNID Middle East 1205.68 kHz

Hi Karel and all,

This local night, I heard that UNID station, too! Frequency was slightly
less than 1206 (my Grundig YB 400 doesn''t permit to measure tenth and
hundredth of a kHz). Language was one of Iranian group: they sound very
similarly and I'm not distinguish between them. So, station speaks either
Farsi, or Dari, or Tadjik.

Therefore, it's not a Kurdish station (no mention of Kurdistan at all).

Quality was fair to good, but I could not pick up any ID keywords (such as
"Im <city or station name>", "Indjoh <city or station name>", "Radiuye..."
or "Sedoye"). Rough DF measurement showed the azimuth 155/335 degrees (my
location is 49 deg E / 56 deg N). Points to Ashgabat (TKM) and further on to
North-Eastern Iran...

I listened to the station at 2133-2245 UTC.

Some definitive points more:
- No Quran recitals at all. The only Islamic spirit came from the expression
"Bismillah-e-rakhman-e-rakhim", pronounced every half an hour, immediately
after IS. So, it cannot be official radio of Iran or Afghanistan.

- No march music. Only piano pieces, soft folk-songs, flute sound.

- WRTH gives an inactive MW tx on 1206 kHz in Mazar-i-Sharif, northern part
of Afghanistan. This area must now be controlled by former Afghan
authorities (Islamic State of Afghanistan). But I do not think they will use
so few Quran in their programs.

- Absolutely no mentioning of Tadjikistan or Dushanbe. So, it cannot be
official radio of Tadjikistan. BTW, "Dushanbe" or "Dushambe" means "Monday"
in Iranian and some Turkic languages, e.g. in Tatar. So, we must be careful
with IDing!

- No time announcements (such as "Saat ... po wakht-e-<city>").

- Deep night in the concerned countries (2...3 o'clock).

So, it's a puzzle for me, too. Another Iranian opposition group, voting for
civil, non-Islamic state??? Or a new IRN program, introduced by reformist
politicians?

73,
Dmitri