Re: [HCDX]: La Voz de Bolivia

Radio Illimani is the official voice of the Bolivian
government and has used the La Voz de Bolivia slogan for
years. I doubt they have changed their name. More likely
you are just hearing them during periods when they don't ID
as Radio Illimani much. Illimani, by the way, is the name
of the large snow-capped mountain that overlooks the city
of La Paz.  If you check out the Bolivia menu on my website
http://www.swl.net/patepluma/south/bolivia.html , the lead
article (Bolivia: Radio Under the Gun) includes some
details of Radio Illimani's role in the 1952 revolution.

=====
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx
Radio: http://www.swl.net/patepluma
Family History: http://members.xoom.com/patepluma