Re: [HCDX]: Solomon Islands, etc from Victoria, BC

Re: [HCDX]: Solomon Islands, etc from Victoria, BC

At 03:43 PM 6/11/2000 +1000, you wrote:
Hi from Brisbane,

Actually its the other way round here - may be because we are Down Under !!
SIBC splatters onto Rebelde - hi !
How is your pidgin going. Those bloody missionaries created such a stupid
language 'Tok Pisin'.
Cheers
Chris Martin
Brisbane

Hi, Chris! You would have thought it was winter here yesterday. Very cool and wet and windy. More like November than June weather, with the temp only climbing to 9 celsius. Today is more summery with seasonal temperatures. But to get back to the matter at hand, SIBC is normally a very easy catch here as well, especially after about 1000 to sign-off at 1300. SIO can be as good as 5-5-5, but more usually 4-4-4. Rebelde is a nuisance when on due to it being a pretty grundgy transmitter, with lots of adjacent splatter. As for Pidgin, I kind of enjoy hearing the language. Sure is easy to follow the gist. Entertaining to my ears! Cheers, and hope the winter isn't too bad for you folks down under!...........Walt.