Re: [HCDX] What rigs and antenna does everyone use?

Re: [HCDX] What rigs and antenna does everyone use?

At 04:46 PM 07/19/2000 -0700, you wrote:
 I am wondering with the diversity of people and their location what kind of
receiver and antennas is everyone using? For me I just moved so I haven't
had time to erect anything fancy but I have..

Drake R8
Racal RA17L

65 foot random wire + Rf Systems MLB
60 meter 1/4 wave sloper
Alpha Delta SWL Sloper

Location: Davis, Ca

Patrick Buckingham

Main reciever is an R390a. Antenna is a 150' random but I'm thinking about trying a quad for the higher bands and a beverage for MF. I have no solid state "riceboxes" in the house. All of my shortwave radio's are vacuum tube. A Hallicrafters SX-73 is the WWV clock (for tape recordings & logging) plus a Halli SX42a is by my bedside. Since my listening post is in the bedroom the 2 Halli's share a 50' random antenna. It goes to the SX73 first then runs over to the SX42a. They are not on at the same time so it never causes any problem.
--

Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
bratcher@xxxxxxx