RE: [HCDX] re: attachments and question

Hi...I'm new to the list and have enjoyed everything posted so far,
including the messages about MP3/DAT recording and the messages about the
virus. I also agree with Mark that these type of messages are part and
parcel of the hobby (particularly the MP3 discussion.) In fact, I downloaded
RealEncoder (from the realaudio site) as a result of one of the posts and
have began to use it for recording. It works great. The only problem is that
there doesn't appear to be any filters or ways to edit the recording once
you have it (at least this is the case on the free version--the commercial
version may include some of these benefits). If there is a freeware version
that would be better suited for this, please let me know.

I'm relatively new to the DX and SW hobby and have learned much from this
list. Thanks to all the veterans for their insights. I'm living in Montreal
and using a DX-394 with a random wire antenna (the roll up version also from
Radio Shack). Unfortunately I live in a rental place and so putting up an
elaborate antenna isn't possible. (I moved here from Saskatchewan where
putting up long wire antenna's isn't much of a problem!)

Question: There is a built in antenna for TV/FM reception in our suite. It
is connected to a regular coax cable. How useful would it be to hook up this
up via a coax connection to the DX-394? If I do, should I use only it and
not the random wire? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

David Guretzki
McGill University
Faculty of Religious Studies (Ph.D. student)
Montreal, QC, Canada
dguret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx