From: Mika Makelainen [mailto:mika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 July 2000 21:16
To: HCDX mailing list
Subject: [HCDX] UNID stations from the Middle East

Some recent UNID stations from the Middle East on the AM band:

1089 kHz - 21.7. - 2010 UTC
                              UNID Arabic language station, can also be
from Africa. Not //
                              with the major Arabic AM stations. Check
out the following
                              three RealMedia files of the station
identifications heard: A, B, C,
                              and email me what you hear.
1205.67 kHz - 20.7. - 2003 UTC
                              UNID in Farsi. Check out the ID at the end
of the news, and the
                              interval melody. Does he say Radio ...
something? Please email
                              me what you hear.

The invitations to listen refer to my website (the above info is a quote
from there), where you can find the mentioned RealMedia files - as
attachments are not favored on the HCDX list. Please check out:

http://www.makelainen.com/dx/index.htm

and choose "logs from home QTH" on the left. Then go down the file to
Asia, and the stations are in frequency order, with RealMedia files
attached. I would appreciate any comments on these and other UNID
stations found in the log.

73
Mika Makelainen
Freeze! DXing Arctic Style

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.