RE: [HCDX] 1206 & 1377: thanks for help

> Dave Kenny, UK <dave_kenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> "1206 could be by Radio Payam, Iran (a national news network from Tehran)
> Payam is also live on the IRIB web site, so may be possible to get a
> parallel."

You could perhaps, but you'd have to be pretty good at Persian. Due to
buffering, it's not uncommon for Internet audio feeds to be more than 10
seconds behind real time. Try listening to a sports commentary on the Web
while watching pictures on TV and you'll see what I mean :-)

Having said that, although parallelling transmissions is a standard trick of
the trade for professional monitors, I'm concerned about encouraging the use
of this practice amongst DXers. If it's just to confirm the identity of a
station, which is what Dave obviously meant, then fine. However, what would
not be acceptable would be to use the Internet feed to get clear programme
details when the actual radio signal would not have been clear enough on its
own, and use these details to compile a reception report, or a logging for a
DX bulletin.

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt