[HCDX] Weekly DX News

Went out on a Micro-DXpedition last Saturday afternoon/evening.  Used a
537' Beverage on the ground, aimed at roughly down the Mediterranean.  Not
much heard as conditions were pretty bad!!

IRAQ  7070.61, R. Baghdad Int. (tent.), 1942-2044, Thought at first this
might be Shari'ah, but I see that Baghdad has been heard here.  A weak het
for the most part, but did hear a man talking once.  Gone at 2054 recheck,
so s/off corresponds with what was reported in the past.  Steady buzzing
UTE and a jammer on the freq as well.  (Valko 9 Dec.)

UNID.  7019.92, Doubt R. Banaadir, but what else would be here??
1944-2143+, Like 7070.61, this was basically a weak het, but thought I had
bits of audio around 2015.  Drifted down to 7018.65 by tune out.  Ham CW
QRM was getting bad by then.  (Valko 9 Dec.)

PAPUA NEW GUINEA  4890, NBC, 2006-2045, Fading in with rel. choral music,
deadair, then soft spoken woman announcer, more choral music, woman again
at 2034 with sound effects, woman briefly, then man with PNG and western
Pacific/ eastern Asia current weather conditions for Bougainville, Manus,
Daru, etc.  Woman again with mention of the weather and into Pop ballad.
Talk by man at 2046, but fading quickly.  Peaked around 2040.  As bad as
conditions were, I'm amazed this was coming in.  (Valko 9 Dec.)

SWITZERLAND  6165, SRI, 2000, In EG at this time so no chance for Zambia or
Chad.  Strong.  (Valko 9 Dec.)

EUROPEAN PIRATE  6260.95, R. Titanic Int. (pres.), start to get a het
around 2100, and bits of instru. music with man announcer at 2145.
Unfortunately it never got any better than that.  Very disappointing
conditions.  I checked again back home at 0730 but only hints of audio at
best and really impossible.  (Valko 9, 10 Dec.)

EUROPEAN PIRATE  6209.91, R. Borderhunter, 0733-0744, Oldies pop music, but
all I could recognize was "Diana" by Paul Anka.  Man announcer voice-over
at 0738-0742 but couldn't copy.  Fairly readable during the Paul Anka song,
but it went downhill quickly.  Didn't realize it was this station till the
operator e-mailed me stating such!!  Said they were having transmitter
trouble and went off the air not long after I tuned out.  That would
explain the dropoff.  (Valko 10 Dec.)

EUROPEAN PIRATE  6305.08, Alfa Lima Int., 0747, Usual instru. music and IDs
by Alfred.  Has consistantly been the best Europirate here.  If one wishes
to hear a Europirate, I would suggest listening around this freq between
0700-0900.  Chances are you'll hear Alfa Lima.  (Valko 10 Dec.)

Am hoping to get out on a Micro-DXpedition again this weekend.

73's            Dave