Re: [HCDX] Israel on 6973

Galei Zahal normally have news broadcasts from Kol Israel on the hour,
incl. full ID for Kol Israel. But don't be confused by that - it's still
the israeli army radio ("zahal" means army in Hebrew).

Best 73's

Bjarke Vestesen
Denmark

--------------

ISRAEL on SW

I've been listening to 6973 kHz  for an hour now, and indeed it is a news
and actualities programme from Israel, a home service in Hebrew. Kol
Israel is one of the few words I have understood, at 17.57 came a block of
commercials. Have been trying hard to get an ID to which service it is,
but must assume that it is their commercial program "Reshet Beth".  Very
fine signal, but as anyone can understand, I don't understand Hebrew. Fine
flow of news, interviews, music  and commercials. A good question : Why
are they on this frequency, and from where ?  Johan Berglund, Trollhättan
, Sweden  Jan 17, 2001 at 1830 UTC

Copyright (c) Hard-Core-DX.com

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any
later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Text. A copy of the
license is available in http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.