[HCDX] Gruesome Dx

Just a bit off topic here guys..

Dave Headland & I were DXing at Cape Otway here in South Western Victoria over the weekend. While putting the beverage out I stumbled across the remains of a body on the track. Seems an animal had pulled the remains out of the scrub. Yukko.. the smell will remain with me forever.. Being in a remote area and out of phone range we had to walk a few miles to the top of a hill to call the police in.  They took it away for forensic testing.. No skull arms or legs.. just torso in a blouse. Looked like it had been there a few months.

I reckon this must be a first for Dxpeditions. lol.

Other than that. It was a pretty ordinary trip. Heard Mayotte on 1458 around 1930 & also Sudan on 1296. The yanks were down a bit as well. Only heard a 1650 WHKT, 1660, 1670, 1680. 1520 KOMA, 1200 WOAI and not much else.

Was in the middle of doing a report for WHKT when the antenna shot out of the SPR4 and starting heading through the bush.. We went running through the scrub to see a guy & his girlfriend reeling all the wire in.. Well you can imagine my language. hahahahaha. Their reply was "Doh... we were just seeing where the wire was running" Brain Surgeons.. Geeeez. Thankfully it only took us 15 minutes to untangle the wire and get listening again. There were nearly another 2 extra bodies in the bush. lol

Cheers
Dave Onley
Melbourne