From: hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of BERGLUND JOHAN
Sent: 22 April 2001 20:42
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Pedro de la Montaña (Åsberg); Ove Fransson; T-L
Subject: [HCDX] re 29810

Good evening at sunset local time :

Jarmo Patala wrote

> Message: 4
> From: "Jarmo Patala" <jp@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "hard-core-DX" <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:49:21 +0300
> Subject: [HCDX] Daytime latins
>
> Hi,
> Radio Mitre,  Buenos Aires  is the easiest way to enjoy live programming
from Latin America. Heard this afternoon from around 1300 UTC and it's still
on at 1830...

> Try 29810 kHz LSB,  also earlier today in paraller 15820 LSB.
>
> On USB there seems to be a telephone link. These programmes are directed
to Antartic.

> 73 Jarmo

 From Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden:

I tried 29810 today Apr-22 , 1645 as soon as I had read the item, and Oh
Boy, that was a good tip. However
it didn't mention Radio Mitre at all, but identified as Radio Planeta many,
many times over a period of an hour and a half.  It was live LA programming
indeed and great fun to hear at this time of the day.

Radio Planeta might be a program title, but I doubt it. So now I am trying
to locate an address to the Argentine Armed Forces station, and also some
information about Radio Planeta. I cannot recall having read anything about
an Argentine station by  that name.

Perhaps someone has that information ready right away.

About live from Buenos Aires - and this is old stuff -  RAE on 15345 carries
LRA1 Radio Nacional at
weekends, instead of  For. Sce.  programs. "Buenos Aires Ciudad Secreta" is
about Old Buenos Aires,
and has a home page of its own.  And a lecture by a historian about the
Malvinas  - Falklands  war included
many recordings of radio broadcasts at the time of the event. Very good for
a history buff.   With some luck it can come in with (almost) local QSA.

73 JB

Copyright (c) Hard-Core-DX.com

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under
the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later
version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Text. A copy of the
license is available in http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.