> From: "Jarmo Patala" <jp@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "hard-core-DX" <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:49:21 +0300
> Subject: [HCDX] Daytime latins
>
> Hi,
> Radio Mitre,  Buenos Aires  is the easiest way to enjoy live programming from Latin America. Heard this afternoon from around 1300 UTC and it's still on at 1830...
>
> Try 29810 kHz LSB,  also earlier today in paraller 15820 LSB.
>
> On USB there seems to be a telephone link. These programmes are directed to Antartic.
>
> 73 Jarmo

 From Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden:

I tried 29810 today Apr-22 , 1645 as soon as I had read the item, and Oh Boy, that was a good tip. However
it didn't mention Radio Mitre at all, but identified as Radio Planeta many, many times over a period of an hour and a half.  It was live LA programming indeed and great fun to hear at this time of the day.

Radio Planeta might be a program title, but I doubt it. So now I am trying to locate an address to the Argentine Armed Forces station, and also some information about Radio Planeta. I cannot recall having read anything about an Argentine station by  that name.

Perhaps someone has that information ready right away.

About live from Buenos Aires - and this is old stuff -  RAE on 15345 carries  LRA1 Radio Nacional at
weekends, instead of  For. Sce.  programs. "Buenos Aires Ciudad Secreta" is about Old Buenos Aires,
and has a home page of its own.  And a lecture by a historian about the Malvinas  - Falklands  war included
many recordings of radio broadcasts at the time of the event. Very good for a history buff.   With some luck it can come in with (almost) local QSA.

73 JB