Re: [HCDX] Tropical Hams: is it a real danger?

Re: [HCDX] Tropical Hams: is it a real danger?

Hi,

>> May I suggest that EDXC take some action against this idea descibed below.
>> We dont need any more radio amateurs on the short wave bands. Especially and
>> particularely not within the broadcast bands.

Incredible story. First, I agree with Enrico, that the threat is DRM and
not Ham Radio. And I bet, that the new band for hams wouldn't be
allocated within the range of 4750 to 5050 kHz, but somewhere near 5.2
MHz or so. And that isn't a broadcast band at all.

I'd be very interested to hear, what the EDXC has done so far against
those broadcasting stations operating on the tropical bands despite not
being in a country allocated to these frequencies (for example the
right-wing US stations on 90m and just outside the 60m band).

>> If a world-wide or US only amateur radio band in the vicinity of 5 MHz
>> should be implemented, these transmittes would cause severe interference to
>> the broadcast stations in the tropical areas.

What a nonsense! And what about a 100 kW transmitter on 5070 kHz?

> I guess we all are in favour of small Tropical Band stations, but I should
> not like any General-Secretary writing around to authorities, saying that he
> 'represents all DXers' (it has already be done) and bla-blaying against
> hams. DXers and Hams can get along without problems, DXers and DRM stations,
> *not*. In perspective, an Ham presence on TB could preserve it from
> monstrous developments like radars etc.
> And any 'DXers against Hams' statement issued 'in the name off all DXers',
> in the style of the actual General Secretart, would simply harm DXing.

I agree 100%.

--
73's
Martin