Re: [HCDX] Tropical Hams: is it a real danger?

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Elbe <elbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Enrico Oliva <oliva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: HCDX <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [HCDX] Tropical Hams: is it a real danger?

snip
> I'd be very interested to hear, what the EDXC has done so far against
> those broadcasting stations operating on the tropical bands despite not
> being in a country allocated to these frequencies (for example the
> right-wing US stations on 90m and just outside the 60m band).

I don't like the stations you mentioned in the tropical bands. But to my
knowledge, this activity is legal. They may use these frequencies on a
"Non-Interference Basis". This means they would have to leave the frequency
if a domestic station complains about interference.
So I can't see on which basis the EDXC or any other organization could take
any action.

73,
Willi