[HCDX] EWE antenna

--- Begin Message ---
Hi everyone:

As many of you know I put up a new EWE antenna this Summer after my old
one came down after 20 years. The angle is a bit off from the old one,
but not much.
It just has not worked right. I am very picky on antennas. It works but
not like the old one. It dawned on me while looking at it, it was not as
high as the old one was for one thing and the vertical  elements of the
antenna were not straight down. Especially the far one to the NE.
Bringing is straight down will mean it might be in the way when the
neighbors cut the high grass. Anyway, I will watch for that and more it
when the time comes. The vertical elements are still at an angle abit
but are more straight than they were. Plus I moved the SW side of the
antenna up another 8 feet or so. It is closer to 20 feet now.  I can't
quite get up 20 feet on the far side, but it is still 15 feet I think. I
readjusted the termination on the far end and it does work better. The
S/N is better and it seems more quiet. Still not quite what I had
before, but at least an improvement. I will see how it does on the
Pacific tonight. The main lobe probably cuts through Southern
Philippines or Northern Indonesian now. The old one was aimed at
Australia. This one is abit longer too. But at least I am gaining on it.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager