[HCDX] CRI Mediumwave to Australia

Hi Paul

> Correction... the Auckland station referred to,  "Radio Tarana", is on
> 1386kHz... and I can't imagine CRI expecting listeners to 1341 (or any
> other MW frequency) to own loop aerials, Beverages, or drive around to
> avoid co-channel Australians when there is a nice, strong SW signal
available!

I think this is a perfect example of where active Dxer's are in the know.
It's one thing to look at schedules but listening is where it's at.

1341 kHz is not audible from car radio's in Victoria or for that matter
across Australia. It is heard on DXpeditions given good conditions but is
not heard at levels as is suggested. It is certainly is not the easiest
heard Chinese station. Any active Aussie Dxer will tell you that. I'm
talking current conditions and not what it was in the past.

I think the beauty of having the Australian MW Group is that we have the
active guys involved.  It is a forum designed for Australian & International
DXers to share information. It is made up of active MW Dxers from Australia,
New Zealand, Europe and North America. Many of it's members are from NZRDXL,
ARDXC, BDXC, NRC,  and elswehere.

The Australian MW DX Club is restricted to only Australian members, so
please do not confuse the club with the Australian MW Group. The objectives
of the two are diverse. Currently there are 32 active MW Dxers involved in
MWOZ.

Cheers
David Onley
ARDXC MW Editor & Moderator MWOZ