[HCDX] Proposdal for Open Source project for HF receiver control

[HCDX] Proposdal for Open Source project for HF receiver control

Already a number of years I have developed programs to control
the shortwave receivers AR7030 and NRD-535 from a PC.
These programs, called ParaDise (PD7030V#) and TURBO 535
(T535V#), were released on the Internet as Freeware.
For more information on this have a look on my homepage.

I have in mind to make the full (Visual Basic v6 pro) source code
available to other developers as the first input for a kind of Open
Source project for development of HF receiver control software.

The purpose of this is:
1. To broaden the scope of the development of the new funtions and
2. To make theme available to the SWL community faster
3. To give users having programming facilities, the possibility to adapt
    the program to their personal needs
4. To give the possibility to port it (partly) to other receivers, to
    other programming languages and/or to other operating systems

THE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE CAN OF COURSE
IN NO WAY BE USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.

I invite everybody having programming facilities and interested in the
development of HF receiver control software to let me know, what
you think about this proposal. and to share with me what your ideas
are about the next steps to take to get this 'of the ground'.

See you, Jan

Receivers   : AR7030 & NRD-535D
E-mail        : jan.arkesteijn@xxxxxx
Homepage : http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html