Re: [HCDX] XEBAL 1470

Jan-Erik:

We may speculate all we want about propagation, but the only real proof is
the recording that Rocco has made and some of us have listened to. It is
very clearly XEBAL with a good call letter ID and slogan. Henrik Klemetz has
translated the entire clip, including telephone numbers and locations. So
far, it seems absolutely clear that Rocco received XEBAL exactly as he said.

So I say it is not a misunderstanding. Rocco says it is not a joke. I won't
even comment on the "lack of experience" part. Perhaps you would be willing
to listen to the recording?

Chuck

I couldn't agree more, Chuck, and let me say how much your comment warmed me up, after what I consider an incredibly rude accusation by Jan-Erik. I was there, with Rocco and Enrico for Xebal and with Rocco for Emisora Espacial (BTW, that recording was made in Deiva, East of Levanto, in a friend's seashore condo, with a 70 meters, West bound random wire hanging from our balcony to a pole on the beach) and we indeed speculated all the time about propagation, even while gathering up information and evidence about Espacial. In 27 years and a countless number of XD session in Liguria, I'm sure I never experienced the same excitement, starting from the first clear mention of "provincia de Julcan" on the Espacial tape and ending up with the phone conversation with the station manager, Sr. Pedro Silvestre Rodriguez, confirming us that "Roberto Robles" is their promotion and advertising manager. There's still much to discuss in my opinion and do hope everyone here shall feel free to contribute her/his two-cent. One particularly impressive detail descends from looking on the azimuthal map centered in L'Ago at the great circle portion of the presumed propagation path. Both for Xebal or Espacial, the line joins quite exactly our location with the originating signals, passing through the very same area we were listening to from berfore (or even during recepcion, as in the case of WMTW, Maine and XEAI Mexico. Before that, WWNN Florida and XEBAL were on the same path). Comments on grayline role are being taken in due account, too, for we were surprised Peru on 1390 should come so late after CPN first fade-in time, around 23:50. I woulnd't rule out Otuzco altitude as a factor, if only I knew its altitude.

Once again Thank You, Chuck

Andy
--

World Radio TV Handbook 2002 is out!
You can get yours for $17.47 + shipping + possible tax in some states.