[HCDX] Loggings from Victoria, BC

Reception conditions were atrocious this past Friday evening, my prime
listening time, so not too much to report.  To the members of the Victoria DX group, my apologies for not reporting for some time.  As you may know, my son and I were in Japan in March for a school trip.  Wonderful time!  Even met two very nice Japanese DXers, Nobuo Takeno and Juichi Yamada both from Tokyo, and well known to DXers around the world.  If there is any interest, perhaps it's time for a coffee night for the group?  I'll await feedback.........Walt.

ARMENIA 11665, 0357-0401, VOICE OF ARMENIA Apr 12 Unidentified station with
EZL music until 0358, then dead air until 0400 when returned with Voice of
Armenia IS and ID in Armenian twice, then off. Annoying 800 Hz het on low
side necessitated using notch filter. S9 signal. Finding the old ILG
database extremely limiting, and the update for A02 not expected out until
after mid month.  Thanks to Wolfgang Bueschel who reports that AWR via Moosbrunn Austria has Persian listed during this time frame as well.
 (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

GERMANY 13820, 0707-, VOICE OF CROATIA Apr 13 English news at fair to good
level with local Croatian news. Haven't seen this station logged in a
while. No parallels listed. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

GREECE 11760, 0400-, Radio Liberty Apr 11 North Caucausus service at 0400
sign-on with ID audible in Russian. Equal to cochannel RHC in Spanish, and
well above signal level of Biblis 9850 (fair), and 17710 (very poor). Into
news in Russian. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

MADAGASCAR 7310, 0330-, VOICE OF PEOPLE Apr 10 Relatively decent signal
tonight. Carrier on at 0328. No interval signal or anthem, only a short
musical sign-on at 0330, and into English. Only following the odd word,
including program, and possibly the schedule (?0330). Terrible splatter
from above and below, with USB providing marginally better reception than
LSB. Anywhere else, and this would be a totally readable signal. Was hoping that WHRI was off UTC Monday, but no such luck last night.  The same sandwhiched signal.
(Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

RUSSIA 17665, 2328-, Radio Ezra Apr 13 Test tones at 2328, with first IDs
at 23:29:15 without IS. Signal a little weaker than last week at S9 to
S9+5. Some choral music to liven things up. Had to go out, so I'll check
the MD later. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)

UNIT.ARAB EMIRATES 15365, 2147-2200*, WORLD BEACON Apr 13 Last few days of
broadcasting, decided to listen in. Usual American accented
preacher. Fair reception. Sign-off announcements at 21:57:45. Mentions
of World Beacon. REE IS audible underneath. Off by 21:59:30.   I checked again this afternoon, supposedly their last day on, but nothing at all different occured.  Continued with canned program announcements for various preachers, and when they were on the World Beacon.  Off in mid-sentence around 21:59:30.  So if they are gone, it was without any fanfare at all. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC, Canada)