[HCDX] listening to Desi Radio on 1602 kHz around -40 C

[HCDX] listening to Desi Radio on 1602 kHz around -40 C

Instead of the annual dx-pedition to Lapland I had to settle with a local
miniatyre sized listening session of a couple of days in central Finland.
The weather conditions, however, made it look like a real northern
expedition...

The temperature had fallen down to -36 C, when I arrived on New Year Day's
evening. No problem; more clothes on, then skiis under, and out to spread a
250-meter wire onto the field. It was worthwhile, after only three minutes
of listening the first new station was identified: long-hunt Desi Radio 1602
giving promos and id's. The other goal, Forest of Dean Radio 1521 made
company shortly after, and after listening some Classic Golds and other
European stuff on several frequencies at night and in the morning, finally
RNE5 Cádiz 1503 made my day. The temperature seemed to fall down close to
-40 C at night in my small listening hut.

1503  2.1.   0625-   RNE5 Cadiz. Regional px.
1521  1.1.   2340-   Forest of Dean R.
1602  1.1.   2142-   Desi R.

Hannu Tikkanen
Espoo, Finland

currently in Siilinjärvi, central Finland with NRD535 and 250-meter L.

World Radio TV Handbook 2003 will be out soon. Order it now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/095358643X/hardcoredxcom