Re: [HCDX] Animal sounds on 4820

The cow bells and animal sounds are probably the famous interval signal
of Radio Botswana, which has been known to use this frequency.  The
Spanish is probably from La Voz Evangelica, which is more-or-less
co-channel with Botswana.

73,

Marie Lamb
Host and Producer
DXing with Cumbre

I think you have everything you need.  If not, you'll just have to fake
it.--Don Dolloff, WCNY Classic FM, 2002.

Never a dull moment; if there is one, chances are I'm not around.--Marie
Lamb, WAER Jazz 88, 2002.

On Sun, 11 May 2003, gary crites wrote:

>  On sunday and monday nights around 0230 utc on 4820  I hear a carrier wave
turn on then around 0243 I hear what sounds like "cow bells" "mooing cows" and
"rooster crows" until 0300 when an SS station I can't ID comes on.  Is it "La
Voz Evangelica"?  I remember hearing things like this on old Radio Tezulutlan
on 4835? Thanks Gary