Re: [HCDX] European LW txs audible in AUS or NZL ?

Re: [HCDX] European LW txs audible in AUS or NZL ?

Hi Karel

Yes Paul Ormandy, myself and others here in New Zealand have heard many European LW stations over the years, especially during the great reception period of 1985-1989
We've heard Romania 153 , France 162 at good readable levels , also Ulaan Baatar in Mongolia on 164 plus heaps of the Eastern Russian LW transmitters on the 'Mayak' programming.
We would start hearing the Eastern Russian LW around 1030 UTC 2230 NZST and the latest Paul or I have heard LW was Jordan 207 kHz around 2100 UTC 0900 NZST well after local sunrise in NZ.

The reception noted above was by Paul Ormandy and myself at Paul's DX site at Waianakarua near Oamaru, New Zealand using my Drake R8 and his SPR4 during the period 1985-1989.

Regards
Mark Nicholls
Upper Hutt, Wellington
New Zealand

Hi,

I just read in our newspaper that the Czech longwave transmitter Topolná on 270 kHz
can be heard in New Zealand. Not too much technically written article does not say
anything more so I wonder if anybody living in New Zealand or Australia ever heard
this transmitter from the middle of Europe or any other european LW transmitter?

In fact it could be possible as this band is clear in southern hemisphere and powers
of EUR transmitters are high.

Several years ago a power of Topolná has been reduced from 1500 to 650 kW.

Thanks for your kind info,

GOOD DX,

Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic (Czechia)