Re: [HCDX] Another Tape recorder broken (the one with the microphone !!!!!!!!!!) and I lost my first message due to a virus e-mailing a stupid I love You - I sent you a love card message WICH LOCKED the computer

Re: [HCDX] Another Tape recorder broken (the one with the microphone !!!!!!!!!!) and I lost my first message due to a virus e-mailing a stupid I love You - I sent you a love card message WICH LOCKED the computer

Hi Bogdan
I can offer you some advice here which may or may not help.
I have been doing this hobby for at least 12 years now,and I have had
more than my fair share of radio troubles.Right now as I type this I can
look across the room at a broken down Motorola R390 which is in dire
need of lots of work,work I can't afford to have done at the moment.
If I was to let that disappoint me and cause me to end my hobby ,I
wouldn't be much of a shortwave listener.Yeah I get a little down about
it sometimes,because that radio is  a very  nice radio  when working
properly and I had a lot of good times  using it,but it isn't the end of
my shortwave world.
You obviously have some sort of  access to a computer,what operating
system it has I don't know,but I have an idea.
For less than 5 dollars  you can get a  audio patch cord and download a
recording program like RealProducer from real.com and record some
shortwave stations  off the Sangeans headphone jack into a real audio
file which  won't take up a lot of space on the hard drive.You may not
be able to record hours and hours ,but it will at least allow you to
record a few minutes of a program.
Don't give up,the winter dx season is only a couple of months away  :)
--
Chris
Dx'ing in  Kentucky  using the Drake R4a,Ten-Tec RX320,