Re: [HCDX] Another Tape recorder broken (the one with the microphone !!!!!!!!!!) and I lost my first message due to a virus e-mailing a stupid I love You - I sent you a love card message WICH LOCKED the computer

Re: [HCDX] Another Tape recorder broken (the one with the microphone !!!!!!!!!!) and I lost my first message due to a virus e-mailing a stupid I love You - I sent you a love card message WICH LOCKED the computer

Don't be discouraged.
DXing is a hobby that requires patience and discipline, but the rewards are
unvaluable. You broaden your horizons. You learn A LOT of stuff, not only
technical stuff.  One can learn politics, languages, history, geography,
meteorology, electronics, antenna design..... (even to prepare cocktails
and to cook exotic dishes!) through the DXing hobby.

A lightning took away ALL my radios two years ago. I lost two  Yaesus
(FT-707 and FT-747GX), A Panasonic RF-4900B, two Radio Shack's (DX-394 and
a DX-398)... And not only that.
It burned my TV sets, my stereo equipment, microwave oven, refrigerator, my
air conditioner units....  But it didn't get me! So I am still DXing.
My new radio is not a multi-kilobuck alien technology unit. In fact it only
cost me USD 196.00 brand new and imported into my country. But it will do
(for the time being, at least).  I am convinced that it's the DXer, his
patience, his antenna and his know-how that can catch some interesting DX,
not the receiver (of course, a good receiver is a great help), or tape
recorder for that matter.

Don't discourage, young friend.

aurel chiochiu <acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@hard-core-dx.com on 08/25/2003 07:29:20
PM

Sent by:  hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   BACONTI@xxxxxxx, playdx2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
      hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cumbredx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
      LatinMWDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:   MarkWA1ION@xxxxxxx, tvfmdx@xxxxxxxxx, broadw@xxxxxxxxx, Dario
      Monferini <dario.playdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, schernos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  [HCDX] Another Tape recorder broken (the one with the microphone
      !!!!!!!!!!) and I lost my first message due to a virus e-mailing a
      stupid I love You - I sent you a love card message WICH LOCKED the
      computer

And as re-listening to high-quality DX tape recorders when I have nothing
to do and DX isn`t coming in is what I almost always do, as to not be
frustrated by this thinking, I think I`ll stop DX`ing forever and in my
free times I will download freestyle and dance music form the 80`s and 90`s
instead of listening to boring domestic talk programs from stations less
than 1000 kilometers away wich is the only thing my other radios with tape
(other than the Sanyo MCD-S830) can pick up.

And I will abandon shortwave DX`ing, because the microphoen tape recorder
borke down.

Sorry for not rewriting my complete e-mail with what happened exactly to my
Audiovox microphone recorder wich I used to capture shortwave DX from my
Sangean 606, but I`m not stupid to rewrite facts a second time.

Bogdan