  From: j999w@xxxxxxx
  To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx ; amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; LatinMWDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 11:02 AM
  Subject: [LatinMWDX] Sunday 'porta-bog' log with unident audio clip - HELP !

  Once again I went over  to the local park with my backpack Palstar R-30 and
  layed out the 700 ft 'porta-bog' in a field of tall grass. I arrived about
  9:45pm and was on the air by 10pm. Conditions towards the Caribbean initally
  seemed pretty good. WDHP from Fredericksted, US Virgin Islands was in strong,
  easily dominating 1620khz with CW music. Amazing for being 2,000mi away. As I tuned
  down the band, I was hearing the usual suspects from the east coast until I
  hit 970khz. Here, a spanish language station was way on top and I've never
  logged any spanish on here before! It was some sort of phone in show with some
  promos at the end. Unfortunately, I didn't catch any ID and the band started
  closing about 10:30pm cdt, with WDHP gone now too. BY 11:00pm I was packed and
  heading home (getting cold out!).

  I have a clip of the unknown spanish station and one of  WDHP from last
  night, here:

  http://members.aol.com/j999w/DX

  The unknown is long, 1.3mb in Real Audio (low rate so any Real player will
  play it) and lasts 10 minutes. WDHP is one minute long, 122kb.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  73 !

  John Wilke WB9UAI
  Milwaukee, WI USA

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.