[HCDX] Slovakia - time to upgrade to ALLISS ???

[HCDX] Slovakia - time to upgrade to ALLISS ???

===============
It is my view that Slovakia should upgrade its SW transmitters to the ALLISS
system (a rotatable HRS 4/4/1 antenna system), but using cheaper RIZ
(riz.hr) transmitters.

Telefunken or Thales transmitters are probably too costly (and perhaps
complex) for the nation's needs.

Because each ALLISS module operates at 500 kW, one ALLISS module per
province is probably the best approach to take with respect to EM
compatibility. I must add that it is not a requirement to operate at 500 kW
all the time, power can be modified to best fit target areas and those
^%^&%&*^%!!! geomagnetic storms...

I would assume that only 4 ALLISS modules would be needed to meet current or
future broadcasting requirements.

This upgrade probably needs to be done over a 7 to 10 year timeframe.
===============

Subject: [HCDX] Slovakia - surprising changes from 1 NOV
> S L O V A K I A
>
> Surprising changes came into effect from 1 NOV 2003:
> - silenced transmitters, more regional transmissions on MW, less power on
SW...

> SHORT WAVES:
>
> Radio Slovakia International, transmitter site Rimavská Sobota (3
transmitters): power reduced to
> 200 kW (ex 250).
>

> FUTURE PLANS:
>
> On short waves, one of the 3 transmitters in Rimavská Sobota will be put
out of operation.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.