Re: [HCDX] VOA or Sri Lanka Clan?

> This morning at 1717 I picked up a station on 11775 in a definite Hindi
> sounding language. The only station listed at this hour is a Sri Lanka
Clan
> in SI language. The odd thing though is that at 1730 or abouts I heard a
> definite "VOA"  ???
> Is VOA now on this freq at this time?

Yes in Portuguese to Africa. The Sri Lanka station is not clandestine but
the official SLBC, in Sinhalese for listeners in the Middle East. Cf. my
bc-b03.txt schedule on http://www.eibi.de.vu  (not yet complete for this season,
but this is info is already in there).

73,

--
Eike Bierwirth
04317 Leipzig, DL

*** Find the current overall shortwave schedule
*** on http://www.eibi.de.vu/
capercaillie@xxxxxxx

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.