Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

Thank you all for all the information.
I also heard earlier from DXers that as long as outdoor aerials are operated
with screened
coax from the aerial to the receiver, there is no interference from the
minidisc.
However this is difficult when travelling with a portable receiver and a
minidisc.
And that is my problem. I still own a good portable cassetterecorder which I
use when travelling, but some day this (old) cassetterecorder will cease
operation and at that moment I want to have the possibilty to use some other
recording device.
So, I am still anxious to know if there are already good minidiscs which
don't produce this interference when they are connected to a (Sony
ICF7600GR) portable receiver.
A fellow DXer has a Sharp (type MD-MT99) minidsic which also produces
interference but much less than the Sony MZ-R700 I used in connection with
my Sony portable receiver.
So, maybe there are other brands that produce no interference?
Max

> I second that.  I have even had my MZ-R900 on top of my NRD-525 receiver
> with no interference.  As long as shielding is ok, there should be no RFI.
>
> Bjarne Mjelde
> Berlevag, Arctic Norway
>

> Yes minidisc interference can be a serious problem with portables. The
> important thing is to keep the aerial as far away as possible from the
> minidisc and use screened cables, but that will be difficult if you are
> using the portable with its built-in telescopic or ferrite rod.
>
> However using communications recievers with a minidisc should not be a
> problem. I use an AOR 7030 receiver which actually sits on top of a Sony
> JE530 minidisc and find that as long as I use outdoor aerials with
screened
> coax from the aerial to the receiver, there is no interference at all from
> the minidisc.
>
> Dave Kenny
> UK

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.